Help change-makers tell the stories that matter (on the web).
Hyperakt is looking for a talented and passionate front-end web developer to join our close-knit team and help support our growing interactive and digital work. We are a social impact design studio based in Brooklyn. Our clients are philanthropies, humanitarian organizations, and social enterprises like Google, the Ford Foundation, the Gates Foundation, UNICEF, and the ACLU.This will be a full time contracting position that will likely evolve into a full-time position. Regardless of skill level, a cultural fit is a must.
You will expand Hyperakt’s capabilities for front-end web development and help us build beautifully coded user experiences. You will work closely with our team of UX designers, art directors, and creative directors in our highly creative, open studio. We are looking for a candidate with a strong attention to detail, a passion for developing interactive experiences, and an ability to work in a self-directed environment. You must be in Brooklyn for this position. Please do not apply inquiring about working remotely.
- Start with Photoshop or Illustrator comps and implement sites in WordPress, Drupal or Expression Engine
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers and other team members on concept development and rapid prototyping of ideas
- Establish and maintain a design to development workflow
- Serve as the production lead on a portfolio of clients
- Communicate and coordinate with other developers or development teams working on the same projects
- Contribute to scoping and estimating discussions with project managers
- Find creative but practical solutions to novel problems
- Produce quality work on schedule
- Actively communicate with project managers and stakeholders, including client contacts, throughout the course of a project
- A passion for using your skills to help advance important social issues
- A positive attitude and love working with a team
- High level of self-management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An eye for typography, whitespace and other details that occur at their intersection of design and code
- Hands on experience in full software development life cycle (design, implementation, testing, maintenance, documentation
- Expert at writing well-formatted HTML
- Expert at writing scalable and modular CSS
- Strong knowledge of Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3) in all browsers
- Experience with Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in responsive design ad grid systems: JQuery Mobile, or other implementation methods (“mobile optimization”)
- Experience with WordPress, Shopify, Drupal and Expression Engine
- Ability to translate requests from non-technical people to technical people
- Ability to manage client and internal expectations, in terms of scope and timelines
- Browser debugging using WebKitDeveloperTools or similar
- Experience with git, or other source control tools.
- Knowledge of 508/ accessibility guidelines
- Bonus: Custom development with PHP and MySQL, knowledge of a higher-level language: Python, Ruby, PHP Node
- 3+ years of development experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com